Last updated: March 01, 2012
CODE OF CONDUCT
While using the Site and/or the Content (as defined below) contained on the Site, you agree to comply with all applicable laws, rules and regulations. Without limiting the foregoing, while using the Site, you agree not to engage, or solicit or encourage any other person to engage, in any of the following:
- Restrict or inhibit any other visitor or member from using the Site, including, without limitation, by means of “hacking” or defacing any portion of the Site;
- Use the Site or Content for any fraudulent or unlawful purpose or to maliciously harm or deceit any other user;
- Express or imply that any statements you make are endorsed by us, without our prior written consent;
- Engage in spamming or flooding;
- Transmit or otherwise make available in connection with the Site any viruses, worms, Trojan horses, defects, date bombs, time bombs or other items of a destructive nature; or otherwise interfere with or disrupt the operation of the Site;
- Sell, resell, transfer, license, or exploit any use of or access to the Site or Content;
- Modify, adapt, sublicense, translate, sell, reverse engineer, decompile or disassemble any portion of the Site or Content;
- Remove any copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights notices contained in the Site or Content;
- Remove, circumvent, or interrupt with any digital rights management or security tools or other similar technologies available on the Site;
- “Frame” or “mirror” any part of the Site without our prior written authorization;
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
ALL MATERIALS, INFORMATION AND CONTENT PROVIDED ARE FOR INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY; THEY ARE NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ACCURACY OR RELIABILITY OF ANY SUCH MATERIALS, INFORMATION OR CONTENT. SUCH MATERIALS, INFORMATION AND CONTENT ARE NOT EXHAUSTIVE AND SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED COMPLETE OR UP-TO-DATE. YOUR USE OF THE SITE AND ANY MATERIALS, INFORMATION OR CONTENT ON THE SITE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. ALWAYS CONSULT YOUR PHYSICIAN OR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER WITH ANY QUESTIONS YOU MAY HAVE REGARDING A HEALTH OR MEDICAL CONDITION OR PROBLEM, INCLUDING QUESTIONS REGARDING YOUR RISK OF COLORECTAL CANCER AND OTHER GASTROINTESTINAL DISEASES LIKELY TO BE DIAGNOSED AND/OR TREATED DURING A COLONOSCOPY, AND NEVER DISREGARD PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE OR DELAY IN SEEKING IT BECAUSE OF SOMETHING YOU HAVE READ OR ACCESSED ON THIS SITE.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES
YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT THE SITE AND ALL THE MATERIALS, INFORMATION, AND CONTENT ON THE SITE ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE UNDER APPLICABLE LAW, AVANTIS DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF TITLE, ON-INFRINGEMENT, ACCURACY, MERCHANTABILITY, AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND ANY WARRANTIES THAT MAY ARISE FROM COURSE OF DEALING, COURSE OF PERFORMANCE OR USAGE OF TRADE. AVANTIS DOES NOT WARRANT THAT YOUR USE OF THE SITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, ERROR-FREE OR SECURE, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT THE SITE, THE MATERIALS, OR THE SERVER(S) ON WHICH THE SITE IS HOSTED ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. YOU ASSUME ALL RESPONSIBILITY AND RISK FOR YOUR USE OF THE SITE AND YOUR RELIANCE ON ANY MATERIALS PROVIDED THROUGH THE SITE.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
YOU AGREE THAT, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE UNDER APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL AVANTIS OR ANY OF ITS PRINCIPALS, OWNERS, PARENTS, SUBSIDIARIES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, SHAREHOLDERS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES, AGENTS, PARTNERS, CONTRACTORS, CONSULTANTS, SUPPLIERS, CUSTOMERS, AND OTHER AFFILIATES, BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, INDIRECT, EXEMPLARY OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, OR DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, LOSS OF GOODWILL, COMPUTER FAILURE OR MALFUNCTION OR OTHERWISE, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, ARISING FROM OR RELATING TO USE OF OR ACCESS TO THE AVANTIS SITE, EVEN IF IT HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES AND NOTWITHSTANDING ANY FAILURE OF ESSENTIAL PURPOSE OF ANY LIMITED REMEDY. MOREOVER, AVANTIS WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY ACTS OF ITS EMPLOYEES ACTING BEYOND THE SCOPE OF THEIR AUTHORITY. NOTWITHSTANDING ALL OF THE FOREGOING, IF AVANTIS IS FOUND TO BE LIABLE, OUR LIABILITY TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY SHALL BE LIMITED TO FIVE HUNDRED DOLLARS (US$500).
PRIVACY AND INFORMATION RIGHTS
GLOBAL NATURE OF THE INTERNET
Recognizing the global nature of the Internet, you agree to comply with all rules regarding online conduct and use of this Site. Specifically, you agree to comply with all applicable laws regarding the transmission of technical data exported from the United States or the country in which you reside. Avantis makes no representation that materials on this Site are appropriate or available for use in locations outside of the United States, and accessing them from territories where their contents are illegal is prohibited.
NOTICE FOR CALIFORNIA USERS
Under California Civil Code Section 1789.3, California Site users are entitled to the following specific consumer rights notice: The Complaint Assistance Unit of the Division of Consumer Services of the California Department of Consumer Affairs may be contacted in writing at 1625 North Market Blvd., Suite N 112, Sacramento, California 95834, or by telephone at (916) 445-1254 or (800) 952-5210.
MKT16151 Rev A
- Find a Doctor
Contact a Third Eye trained doctor in your area
- Third Eye in the News
Watch the NBC story and other news coverage on Third Eye colonoscopy
- Learn More
How Third Eye technology goes beyond conventional colonoscopy
- Early Detection is Key!
Colorectal cancer is very treatable if found early